About Me

My photo
Just a Midwestern girl off to LA to live out my nerdy science dream... and hopefully make new friends, have awesome adventures and consume delicious food and beverage in the process...

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Out with a bang

Alright, so you know when you were a kid and you would get a new toy and play with it all day, everyday for like a week and then never again??  I find that as an adult-ish person, I still have this quality though now it mostly applies to workout plans and guys I attempt to date.  I'm also concerned that this may happen to my blog.  So my first 5 posts were all consecutive (*cough* excited child) and then followed by about 5 days of radio silence however, I feel that I have a perfectly good excuse for my lapse: playing in Chicago!






Before I head out to California, I really wanted to make one more visit to the city I love enough to consider one of my three homes (Iowa and Colorado would be the other two) and soak in all of my favorite things.  It seems logical that I should have memories of having fun, knowing my way around a place and spending time with people I love before I'm lost, confused and friendless on the coast.



So memories were made and fun was had.  Highlights include: seafood happy hour, celebrating boards completion with my classmate Christie and other area GCs, schlepping around with Gnat to create a photo project for my new apartment, welcoming a college friend's sister to Chicago, exploring Lincoln Park Zoo, watching the Bears home opener with Eileen at the tiki bar by my old house (seriously, best spot to watch a game) and of course, going to Sheffield's.  In addition to seeing most of my favorite Chicago people, I got to spend time with one of my closest friends from high school and former STL roommate Ashley.  Ash and I managed to prove, once again, the dangers of leaving us unattended for even a few hours.

So to clarify for those who might be confused from other forms of social media...  I DO NOT have a tattoo on the back of my neck.  Ash does, she had been planing to get it for a while and Sunday seemed like the perfect time.


I had no plans on getting a tattoo, but while getting Ashley's tattoo drawn up, the perfect addition to an existing tattoo was apparent.


I got my Soulard star when I moved from St. Louis and adding a star from the Chicago flag next to it seemed oh so appropriate.  One of the most (if not the most) impulsive things I have ever done, but I love it. And let me be clear, this is not a new tattoo, it's a modification.

The other part of this post was going to be photo project photos, but I can't get them off my Dad's camera that I was allowed to borrow for said project.  So those will have to be displayed in a later post.  Basically, I'm going to spell Chicago with pictures of things from around Chicago and it's going to be awesome.

So this last weekend of fun before the move was absolutely perfect.  I'm glad I took the time to make the trip and I wouldn't change anything about it.  I'm of course sad to leave my life in Chicago, but I'm glad I get to take away so many positive memories and good times.  My friends will always have a special place in my heart and I know they all have exciting and bright futures ahead of them.

Now, with 5 days left until the California roadtrip, the rest of my week consists of many tasks to get my life in order and out to LA.  The journey begins on Sunday... stay tuned...

1 comment:

  1. Look at that cute little T-Rex. Always here for immoral support. Heart the hell out of you.

    ReplyDelete