About Me

My photo
Just a Midwestern girl off to LA to live out my nerdy science dream... and hopefully make new friends, have awesome adventures and consume delicious food and beverage in the process...

Friday, September 16, 2011

It's all happening.

It began with an ice scraper...

Down Ice Scraper Mitt

...and my heart has been pounding ever since.  I'll do my best to keep from word-vomiting my way through this entire post.  (By the way, that is seriously my ice scraper in a different pattern).



The Duchess went in for a spa day today and I had to empty out the trivial things that live in my car so she could get the full work-up.  When I was re-stocking her with the essentials (reusable grocery bags, Justin Case, random beloved orange cone) I got to my ice scraper.  And I began to panic.  This ice scraper bares no use in LA.  There is not a situation I can think of in which I would need an ice scraper covered in a down mitt.  Ice scrapers like that are for situations like these:


If LA ever looks like this, the world is ending and I'm not scraping shit.

So why freak out? Why not just take the damn thing out of the car?  Because I have NEVER not had an ice scraper in my car!  It's really weirding me out!  And, it's a REALLY nice ice scraper!  Both my parents and sister assured me (all separately and unprompted) that I would need my ice scraper for when I drive to the mountains and it was logical to keep it in my car.  So, minor (teeny tiny/insignificant) crisis averted but reality has definitely hit today.

Because then this came:


to transport all of this:


across the country.  Ok, not all of it, clearly the ladders and gardening equipment are property of the parents but you get the idea.  So yeah.  Ready or not, this is going down.  In 2 days.  I'm just glad I already separated my winter clothes before I left Chicago...

3 comments:

  1. What do you mean "random orange cone"? That was an integral part of the "Highway 40 Under Construction" costume!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you have had more than one random orange cone in your life. "What's with the cone?"

    ReplyDelete
  3. As a resident of Arizona, I am proud to say I still have 3 sets of black mittens and an ice scraper in my car. Something about being an Iowan I presume.

    ReplyDelete