About Me

My photo
Just a Midwestern girl off to LA to live out my nerdy science dream... and hopefully make new friends, have awesome adventures and consume delicious food and beverage in the process...

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

The next chapter...

As I alluded in my last post, it's time for a new adventure. And of course I have had something in the works, but, ya know, don't count your chickens before they hatch.  However, today the chickens hatched and I accepted an official offer to work at the Navy Medical Center in San Diego!  I'll be starting my new job on July 15th, and I will be providing all the genetic counseling for the entire hospital from my wonderful office complete with a table and chairs for guests!  I will be losing all the research time that I have at my current job, but I will be gaining a TON of clinic time with patients, which is my favorite part of my job anyway. I could not be more excited for this challenge and for a move to a new city that should be a bit more my speed than LA. 

So tonight, I skipped yoga and am indulging in two of my favorite things, champagne and red velvet cake. I believe in celebrating our victories in life, small or large. And after getting the tentative job offer back at the very beginning of April, I am ready to finally get excited and share the news!

 
 
As I gear up to head a little bit further South, I will have an LA bucket list to check off and plenty of moving action to share.  So here we go, let the next chapter commence!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment