About Me

My photo
Just a Midwestern girl off to LA to live out my nerdy science dream... and hopefully make new friends, have awesome adventures and consume delicious food and beverage in the process...

Monday, September 5, 2011

Are you ready for some football?

Photo courtesy of FX

I know I am.  Football is a sure sign of fall (I'll save my obsessive love of fall for another post) and the weather this past weekend in Iowa was a perfect match for the start of high school football and college football (even if Colorado's debut as a Pac-12 team was less than stellar). With the pro season kick-off rapidly approaching I must say that I'm excited for a new venture in the football arena this year.  No friends, I'm not talking about the new indoor football team in CR, I'm talking about fantasy football!  This year, in addition to manically cheering on my Buffs and my Bears, I will be managing and dominating my fantasy league with... wait for it.... Refrigerator of Sweetness.  Epic, I know.  If you don't get it, sorry you're not awesome.

I knew that fantasy football was for me after watching the first two seasons of The League on FX.  If you haven't seen the show, I recommend you watch it immediately; it's hilarious and takes place in Chicago.  I can only hope that my fantasy league incurs such debauchery and absurd competitiveness.  I must say, I was fairly disappointed when my draft order was doled out to me in an e-mail from ESPN as opposed to being determined in a manner such as this.

But in all seriousness, I cannot wait to start fantasy football- and the wait is almost over, my (autopick) draft is at 5am tomorrow morning!  I've spent the last several weeks participating in mock drafts, tinkering with my autopick strategy and reordering my pick preferences to ensure a championship combination of beefy and agile gentleman is delivered to my inbox much like a present under the Christmas tree.  I'm confident that my obsessive planning and organization coupled with my adorably competitive nature will pay off.  After all, I am going against a bunch of genetic counselors, most of whom are female and one of whom is a male that thinks football involves kicking a black and white ball into a net...

Wish me luck!  I'll post the roster tomorrow!

Also... it appears that the closest thing LA has to a professional football team is USC... who isn't even bowl eligible this year and has lower stadium attendance than Colorado (!?!?!)... here's to hoping I find a good Bears bar!

1 comment:

  1. stfu, if you root for U$C we will officially no longer be friends.

    ReplyDelete