About Me

My photo
Just a Midwestern girl off to LA to live out my nerdy science dream... and hopefully make new friends, have awesome adventures and consume delicious food and beverage in the process...

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Chicago says CHEEEESSSSEEE!

Yeah, I know.  I'm a huge dork.  Just trying to keep things interesting...

So, since my last post I finally got the pictures off of my Dad's camera.  I had to take his compact flash drive to a photo kiosk at Target and make a photo CD since apparently my version of windows was "attacking" his software and "fouling" it up.  All my fault, bad daughter, shame shame.  In the Sale house, electronics never break on their own or just stop working.  You always "had to have done something!"  I apparently conspired with Vista to take the compact flash converter under siege and reject the drivers from the camera software.  My bad.  

The kiosk was actually awesome because it allowed me to tint the pics, enlarge them and print them so they are all ready to move on to the display step... once I figure out exactly what that step is...

Drum roll please......









Hopefully you can see that this spells out C-H-I-C-A-G-O.  It's probably easier when they are horizontal (TWSS?) so use your imagination.  First C is a Cubs jersey, H is the Wrigley Building from State St, I is the Water Tower, second C is from the Chicago Theater, A is the El tracks running above Lake St, G is from Giordano's, and O is the Navy Pier Ferris Wheel. 

I think they turned out pretty well, but displaying them could really make or break it.  I have a long poster frame from Target that I could put them in, but I still kinda want to get them each their own glass with clips and then attach them together with a piece of wood or something... we will see.

Suggestions and comments welcome!!!

5 comments:

  1. I love this idea!! The pics turned out great! I cannot wait to see how they look when you get them framed!
    Best of luck on your road trip!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Make me a Brooklyn pic collage! Please? And for mounting, you should put each in a square glass frame and attach them, like you said. That's what they do with the ones they sell at Coffee Emporium…is that where you got this idea?

    ReplyDelete
  3. And also, I LOLed at the PaulSale segment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ken- I saw things like this for the first time at The Porch in Soulard- I think the pics were of random things though, I liked the idea of them being related to the word they spelled... I can work on making you a Brooklyn collage ooooorrrr you could do it yourself, it's pretty easy and fun :)

    ReplyDelete