About Me

My photo
Just a Midwestern girl off to LA to live out my nerdy science dream... and hopefully make new friends, have awesome adventures and consume delicious food and beverage in the process...

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Pinned Up

I have a new obsession.  Well, new to me because many people I know have been doing this for ages. 
Pinterest Logo

Yep, it got me.  I thought I would just take a peek, check it out to see what was going on, pick up some new recipes to cook, keep a low profile.  Oh no.  I'm in this thing.  I'm pinning like a mad women.  I had to force myself to go to bed the other night and was nearly late to work today.  This could be a serious set back to getting out and experiencing LA....  



For those of you who are not familiar with the online pinboard that is Pinterest, basically you create different pages for yourself to save snapshots of things you like that link back to the web pages things are from.  You can use it to help plan parties, redecorate, or just collect things you like. I have a page for recipes, home decor, nerdy science things, adult beverages, etc.  And then are the things you like are stored for you to come back to.  So I can easily find the recipe for these:

Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies
Red Velvet Cheese Cake Brownies
http://sweetpeaskitchen.com/2011/02/01/red-velvet-cheesecake-brownies/

next time I need to whip up a dessert.  It's also a great way to store the inspirations for my new living room:

Pop of color with fun patterns
http://www.decorpad.com/photo.htm?photoId=86372&index=9&searchQuery=Turquoise%20Rug&searchType=photos
instead of archiving them in e-mails I send to my mother... And of course I made a place to put things like:

Platypus karyotype.  Mind blown.
A platypus karyotype!
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15534209

Hopefully my new obsession won't make me a homebody hermit.  At least I'll have great food and a put-together house for my Superbowl party on Sunday!  Stay tuned for a post-game-party recap and feel free to follow me on Pinterest: TayJane25.

  Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment